With COVID-19 cases decreasing, The Bellevue Hospital (TBH) will be lifting visitor restrictions beginning Monday, April 25.
“We know that part of a patient’s healing process is to have support and encouragement from family and friends. At this time, and with the decrease of community spread of COVID-19 in our area, we feel that it is safe to restore our previous visitor guidelines,” said Timothy A. Buit, TBH’s president and chief executive officer.
“Please keep in mind that we will continue to follow current standards from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and if we see an increase in COVID-19 we may need to reinstate the visitor restrictions.”
Visitor guidelines are as follows:
- Visiting hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. for all inpatient areas with the exception of the Family Birthing Center (FBC). Reminder: After 5 p.m., visitors will need to enter at the Emergency Entrance.
- The number of visitors will depend on what is appropriate for the circumstances and the department.
- No limit on adult visitors per day.
- No children in patient care areas under 18 except FBC.
- COVID-19 positive patients will be allowed one to two visitors at department director’s discretion.
- Family Birthing Center Visitation Policy
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m., 4 p.m.-8 p.m. (quiet hours are 2 p.m.-4 p.m.).
- Siblings who are under the age of 18 may visit.
“We thank our community for their patience and support throughout this COVID-19 pandemic,” Buit said. “Our focus has always been to keep our employees, patients and visitors safe. We hope now we are on the way back to a new ‘normal’ and can return to some of pre-COVID-19 guidelines.”
In addition to visitor policies, TBH will change the masking policy as follows:
- All employees, patients and visitors will be required to wear a surgical mask in clinical hallways and departments. Signs will be posted for visitors that indicate when they are walking into an area where a mask is required.
- No masks will be required in non-clinical hallways and departments.
For more information about current COVID-19 protocols and procedures at TBH, click here.