The Bellevue Hospital (TBH) recently announced Great Lakes Addiction Services will transition patients to Talbot Health Services, a provider of alcohol and drug prevention, education, driver intervention programming, and substance use disorder and mental health treatment in Northwest Ohio for nearly 10 years.
Great Lakes Addiction Services, 420 W. McPherson Highway in Clyde, has offered local residents outpatient treatment options for substance use disorder for more than five years. As part of the transition, Talbot Health Services plans to open a satellite office in this space. Talbot also operates treatment sites in Toledo, Mansfield, and Chillicothe.
“Through this collaboration with Talbot Health Services, our residents will have expanded addiction services and mental health treatment options close to home,” said Timothy A. Buit, TBH’s president and chief executive officer. “We welcome Talbot to our area and will work with them to ensure a smooth transition as they become a part of our community and a valuable resource to those residents suffering from addiction.”
This transition will happen in various stages over several months. The timeline includes:
- Beginning on Friday, April 15, Talbot Health Services will begin offering medication assisted treatment and mental health services to patients at the Clyde location. Initially, this will be offered through telehealth, and shortly thereafter, in person. [SKB1]
- In May/June, all Great Lakes Addiction patients will need an assessment[SKB2] with a Talbot staff member to become Talbot clients as part of this transition. By the end of June, Talbot will manage all addiction and mental health services in the Clyde office.
- All providers currently providing addiction services, including Douglas Hoy, MD, Dawn Bova, NP and Pamela Cramer, NP, will continue to provide these services as part of the Talbot team.
“Many of the staff and providers from Great Lakes Addiction Services will transition with us and this will assist us in providing continuity of care that continues to be desperately needed,” said Matt Rizzo, CEO, Talbot Health Services. “We are excited to offer an expanded treatment program to existing and new clients to aid in their journey to recovery.”
“Talbot Health Services offers people struggling with alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health concerns the opportunity to reclaim their life, their family, and their future by providing quality behavioral healthcare that works.”
Services will include:
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Individual and Group Counseling
- Case Management Services
- Telehealth appointments
- An improved Electronic Health Record including a client portal for updating information and checking in, which will free up staff time to spend more time with clients.
For more information on Talbot Health Services, visit https://talbothealthservices.com/ or call the Clyde office at 419-484-5949.