It was an evening filled with music, fine dining and dancing as The Bellevue Hospital (TBH) kicked off a year of celebration on Saturday, Feb. 25 with a Centennial Gala Event to commemorate the hospital’s 100th Anniversary.
The semi-formal event was held at Sawmill Creek Resort in Huron to celebrate The Bellevue Hospital’s Century of Caring.
TBH was dedicated and admitted its first patient on March 6, 1917 at the 811 Northwest Street facility. 100 years later, TBH officials celebrated with members of its hospital family and the public at the Gala Event. Saturday’s celebration included hors d’oeuvres, a professional photo for party attendees, dinner, drinks, dessert and more.
Nearly 450 TBH employees, volunteers, board members, and local community members and businesses enjoyed musical entertainment from the Persuasion Band, based out of Detroit, Michigan.
The festivities also included a Silent Auction with all proceeds benefitting The Bellevue Hospital Foundation. Nearly $13,000 was raised to help support women and children’s programing at the hospital.
Silent Auction packages included:
• $1,000 gift card and gift basket to Barnes Nursery, donated by Barnes Nursery
• $200 gift card to Bassett’s Market, donated by Bassett’s Market
• BBQ inspired “Man Cave” gift basket, donated by Bone Boys BBQ, The Smokehouse
• “Let’s Have a Party” themed gift basket, donated by The Bellevue Hospital Gift Shop
• “Good Ole Summertime” themed gift basket, donated by The Bellevue Hospital Gift Shop
• Loge for 15 people for the Cleveland Indians vs. Seattle Mariners game on Apr. 30, 2017, donated by First Energy Foundation
• One-year maintenance and car care package and two complete car detailings, donated by Fitzgerald Auto Group
• Overnight accommodations for four with waterpark passes, donated by Great Wolf Lodge, Sandusky
• V.I.P golf outing package for 12 with dinner and extras, donated by Green Hills Golf Course
• Foot golf outing package for up to 40 players with dinner, donated by Green Hills Golf Course
• 3-carat tennis bracelet, donated by Kay Jewelers, Bleile Enterprises, Inc. and Chris Caputo
• 8 GB Kindle, donated by McKesson Corporation
• Dinner for four at Wolfgang Puck’s Restaurant with Michael K. Winthrop, CEO & President of TBH, and overnight accommodations at MGM Grand Detroit, donated by Michael K. Winthrop.
• Two-night stay for two at the Inn at Brandywine Falls and a gift basket, donated by Myers Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram
• Family photo session and $250 toward a portrait order, donated by Prestige Portraits
• Overnight accommodations, breakfast and golf for two at Sawmill Creek Resort, donated by Sawmill Creek Resort
• Two-year maintenance and car care package, donated by Steinle Chevrolet-Buick
• KitchenAid 5-Quart tilt-head stand mixer, donated by Whirlpool Corporation, Clyde
• Wine themed gift basket, donated by The Willows at Bellevue
The Bellevue Hospital Foundation, in cooperation with Steinle Chevrolet-Buick in Clyde, also held the seventh annual “Is Your Heart Set on a Vette” Corvette Raffle that evening. Bruce Farline of Spokane, Washington was announced as the grand prize winner in the drawing. As the grand prize winner, Farline has his choice of $100,000 in cash or a brand new 2017 Corvette plus $40,000 in cash.
Five runner-up winners in the drawing were also announced, and included:
• Joseph A. Heart, Kenton, OH, first runner-up, $2,017
• Steve & Mary Swartz, Bellevue, OH, second runner-up, $1,917
• David S. Baldwin Jr., Valparaiso, IN, third runner-up, $1,500
• Bruce D. Felgen, Homewood, IL, fourth runner-up, $1,000
• Kent Dyson, Wabash, IN, fifth runner-up, $500
The Centennial Gala Event was the start of many community events in a year of celebrations for The Bellevue Hospital. Other events will be scheduled throughout the remaining months and information on these and other programs will be offered at a later date.