Join the elite group of individuals and businesses in becoming a member of the Harkness Legacy Fund. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to express your appreciation and invest in the Next Century of Caring. All Harkness Legacy Fund members are automatically members of Club 1917 for the 2017 calendar year. NOTE: As of June 1, 2018, only 4 opportunities remain for this option.
Harkness Legacy Fund (1858-1919)
William L. Harkness (1858-1919), Bellevue native, business investor, and Standard Oil heir, donated $20,000 to build The Bellevue Hospital, challenging the local citizens to match his gift and furnish and equip the building. He also suggested a tax levy to continue to fund hospital maintenance. With his vision and financial assistance, The Bellevue Hospital was incorporated in 1914 and opened its doors for our first patients on March 6, 1917.
You are invited to become an elite member of the Harkness Legacy Fund. Only 100 memberships will be granted to individuals, groups or organizations wanting to invest in the next century of caring.
The one-time, tax-deductible gift of $1,000 has many benefits listed below.
Harkness Legacy Fund Benefits
- All benefits and privileges of the Club 1917 membership
- A "Centennial Tree" planted on the grounds of The Bellevue Hospital (additional charge for commemorative plaque)
- Name on a Harkness Legacy Plaque to be permanently displayed and dedicated in the Main Hallway near the Main Entrance
The Harkness Legacy Fund will be dedicated to:
- Projects to honor the continued healthcare work of The Bellevue Hospital
- Development of initiatives to improve the health and well-being of our employees, healthcare partners, patients and communities we serve
- Recognition of our dedication to the 100th Anniversary and our next Century of Caring